We understand that our residents move here with varying experience with Homeowners Associations. For some, this may be their first home and first HOA while others may have lived in similar neighborhoods. By understanding the purpose of the HOA, we can all work together to maintain the integrity of our community and enhance the quality of living for you and your neighbors.
What do I need to know about a Homeowners Association?
- The Association is a mandatory, non-profit corporation.
- Upon purchasing a home in Wendell Falls, residents become members of the Wendell Falls Community Association. Association members are responsible for paying monthly dues to support community operations and reserve funds.
- A Board of Directors governs the Association and operates under the North Carolina State Statutes and the governing documents which establish the Association.
- The purpose of the Association is to preserve the community's home and property values through its governing documents.
- The Association provides for the maintenance, improvement, preservation, and administration of the common areas.
What are the Governing Documents?
- The Governing Documents include the Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (CC&Rs), the Recorded Plat, Bylaws, Articles of Incorporation, Design Guidelines, Rules and Regulations, and other policies, as adopted by the Board of Directors.
- These documents establish the architectural standards and the rules which govern the use of property within the community. You are encouraged to read them and understand your role as the homeowner.
- The CC&Rs are set up to protect your rights as a property owner. They are important rules governing your responsibilities as a member of the Association.
- The CC&Rs make living in harmony convenient and easy for all involved. The architectural provisions and guidelines are set up so as not to stifle your creativity, but rather to ensure that the integrity of the original community design is preserved.
Sources of Governance
Covenants, Conditions & Restrictions (CC&Rs)
Establishes the rights of the Association, Declarant and residents. It also states the obligations of those parties. Basic rules are regulations are called out in this document but may be expanded through Board policy.
Sets forth how the Association functions and how it is to be governed. This includes information on the Board of Directors and various meetings.
Creates a community standard of care to which homeowners must comply. The Design Guidelines also include a complete list of approved trees and plants and the modification application.
Policies & Resolutions
The Board of Directors may approve additional regulations to expand or clarify rules of the governing documents or to address new issues as they arise.